Thursday 19 September 2013

On-The-Go Healthy Lunch - Half Second Cup, Half DIY

 

Today I was really hungry, but really low on time.



 
I had a couple classes back to back and a short break in which I had to catch up on readings. I knew I would probably just sit in my room and eat junk since I didn't have a lot of time to prepare anything, so between classes when I stopped at Second Cup for a Green Tea (my favorite!) I picked up an Asian Spinach Salad to go.
The salad had spinach, carrots, edamame beans, purple cabbage, and mango (which was a pleasant twist). I tossed the high-calorie, high-fat, high-sugar balsamic vinaigrette that came with it and added some feta cheese for protein and extra flavor.
I'm on (another) feta kick right now, so I've been putting it on everything possible.
I had a sweet craving, but did not want to eat junk food for dessert so I made my watermelon feta salad for dessert instead.
Just an example of how you really can be healthy on-the-go. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment